Currently, there are clubs offered every Wednesday afternoon. Students can use the 90 minutes allocated time to pursue their interests and having fun. Similar to the extracurricular activity, each clubs consist of students from different grade therefore, they can learn from each other. Of course, in the future, we would like to expand the choice of clubs to accommodate students’ diverse interests. Here is the list of the clubs of CONTAINER for the academic year 2019/2020.
CONTAINER stands for Clubs for Talent Innovation and Interests. As a prominent Christian holistic school in Surabaya, we believe that it is very important to give students the time and opportunity to explore their potential and interest. At Elyon Christian Secondary and High School, we integrate club activities into regular class time. Students can join one of the clubs without interfering with their after-school schedule. Each club is designed to stimulate their health (physical and spiritual) and enhance their social and aesthetic developments. The Containers are led by our own teachers and professionals from the respective fields as mentors for each club, with an updated curriculum based on current issues.
There are 13 clubs which are currently being offered every Thursday afternoon. Students can use the 90 minutes of allocated time to pursue their interests and have fun. Similar to the extracurricular activity, each club consists of students from grade 7 to 12, so they can learn from each other. Of course, in the future, we would like to expand the choice of clubs to accommodate the students’ diverse interests. Here is the list of the clubs of CONTAINER for the academic year 2020-2021
- The Talk Master (English Debate Club)
- Techno Tales (Programming and making Apps)
- P2CS (Photography and Cinematography)
- Youth Can Do (Science and Innovation club)
- C2C – Cool to Cook (Cooking Club)
- Beauty from the Beast (Craft and Recycling club)
- The News (Journalism Club)
- A4U – Art for You (Drawing and Painting Club)
- Behind the Great Wall (Chinese Culture and History club)
- K-Wave (Korean Culture and Language club)
- Jam’z Session (Guitar Jamming Session)
- The Battery (Baseball club – currently inactive)
- Basketball club (currently inactive)